We are seriously almost half way through her first year of life HOW did that happen... like seriously I swear pregnancy feels like it is forever but these first 5 months have flown by. Technically we are actually creeping up on 6 months but I am just going to pretend we aren't as I am only now getting this update up and actually only just filled in the first 5 months of Ophelias baby book last night. Which I pretty much had Jessamyn's ready to go before she was even born so I guess you can call that a second child problem.
These first 5 months have been so beautiful... and hard, but completely beautiful. Ophelia has just a completely different personality than Jessamyn and I knew that would probably be the case but it has been really fun getting to see a whole unique beautiful little personality coming out of her.
At 5 months.....
- She is not yet sleeping through the night, if anything she is up even more than when she was just born and 99% of it is just comfort nursing as it is like 5 minutes and then she is back out. I could probably let her cry it out but she is our last baby and I don't want to, and I guess I really don't mind even though it is exhausting... she needs me and that is enough.
- She can sit all by herself!!! I don't know when this happened but we officially have a sitter! She is so proud of her self and sometimes actually sit with one leg behind her and basically just hangs out in the splits all day. I am not sure how she reached this point is if your baby isn't sitting yet know all mile stones are different and we didn't do anything special to help her reach this one it just happened.
- She also is basically crawling... I am hesitant to say actually crawling since she can only go backwards but she will rock back and forth for hours and is so close to that forward movement. She has always loved tummy time and went from rolling over to holding herself up crazy fast... like I almost want to hold her all the time to slow her down.
- She finally likes baths!!!! This was kind of a big deal because previously she hated them but now that she can sit baths are basically the best around here.
- Oh and she is totally all about her feet right now. Like holding them, tasting them... total foot obsession!
Ophelia has the sweetest personality ever. She can definitely be opinionated but really is just so content and happy to be with us. Jessamyn can make her laugh like no one else and I can tell already she will be following Jessamyn around 24/7 as soon as she can. She is much clingier than Jessamyn was and really just likes being held and being present with us. She is also kind of in a shy phase and not really up for being held or talked to by people who are not mommy and daddy. I am sure I will say this about every age but 5 months is basically my favorite right now. Oh and we are still doing only breast feeding and haven't started solids quite yet!
So that is 5 months... it has been so beautiful and hard and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is a little sad knowing each month brings new and different mile stones but also exciting to watch her explore and discover the world around her.