This post is woefully late but I really wanted to share, and remember a few things about the past three years. Jessamyn turned three on the 18th and had a few very specific requests. She wanted to ride a horse or "drive a horse" as she says and she wanted a pink birthday cake, both of which we made happen. She spent the entire day talking about that birthday cake and I hope had the loveliest experience you can have on your birthday when you are three.
I should include that we try to keep it simple for birthdays and I think will continue that as she grows up, making the day it self special in some way rather than having a huge party or buying her a ton of gifts. We did buy her one thing... a little camera that you can find HERE. She takes that camera everywhere and is taking pictures of every one so I am totally counting it a win as far as birthday presents go.
A few of Jessamyn's favorite things right now include:
- Anything pink: If she sees something she wants she will ask for "Jessamyn's pink.... whatever", So pink cars, pink cake, pink toys, pink dresses, you name it.
- Pretending to be a pink tiger.... this is currently the favorite game around here and it is both adorable and terrifying because her favorite tiger activity is roaring as loudly as possible in Ophelia's face because obviously that is what tigers do. Sometimes she is (or there is I can never quite tell) a pink snake involved too and then the game gets really crazy and there is a lot of screaming and "oh no" and running from pink snakes.
- Listening to the Trolls Soundtrack: Our google home does not understand her even for a minute but she will stand in the kitchen and shout "hey google trolls soundtrack" until I get it to play and then obviously we have to have a dance party.
- Daddy: All things Daddy, Jessamyn is completely obsessed with Ben and doing anything he does. She pretends to get ready with him when he is getting dressed for work and then will spend the whole rest of the day talking about how when he gets home he is going to hold her hand. She even has a special coffee cup she uses to drink coffee with him in the morning.
- Baking Anything: This girl loves to bake for real and pretend always cookies, pretzels, and sometimes birthday cake if it is a really good day. Always pink of course because why would your baked goods be any other color? Oh and she will do just about anything for a chocolate chip which really comes in handy with potty training.. just kidding but only kind of.
- Kombucha: She calls it "spicy unicorn" or "mamas spicy" and anytime I get some she comes running with her water bottle and asks for some too... it is both annoying lol and adorable and I mean it is totally good for her right?
- Yelling "Help her Help Her!!": Okay so Jessamyn currently refers to herself in the third person whenever she needs help and it is completely hilarious and adorable. Also she will change words to include her name... so her chair is chairsamyn and anything that is "hers" is mysamyn it is seriously the cutest and I hope she does it forever.
Okay so those are just a few beautiful memories of Jessamyn at three. Three is a really tough age, there are tantrums and a lot of hard emotions and potty training is still. a struggle but it is also amazing and fun and I am loving every second of this year with her. If you have kids what is your favorite thing about three? OR what are you looking forward to if your child is not yet three?